I found myself in a familiar yet somewhat less frequent situation last week. Whilst initially I viewed this experience as seemingly unrelated to the work we do at hayylo , it quickly revealed a lot about what clients and in general consumers are willing, keen or interested in paying for. Moving house, is part exciting (the new beginnings aspect) however mostly a time heavy task burdened by the repeated finding of artefacts from the past that you have no choice but to reflect on whilst you should be forging ahead with the move! We have been in this world for the past week and can tell you its not something we are keen to do again…for now. I wanted to share our journey when it came time to connecting the essentials such as internet, power, water and gas. It reveals something about customer expectations, perception of value and ultimately understanding something more about what customers are “actually” paying for. Power Up Setting up the power at the new house can be simple however, we opted to take a moment and review options instead of simply asking my existing provider to provision the new address. What we did was:
- Called our existing provider and received a quote
- Searched new providers and reviewed quotes
- They provided fully online, half page sign-up experience (no scanning documents etc)
- An app was provided that gives us access to live power tracking, day by day and the option to purchase varied power options such as renewable etc.
- Customers are expecting to interact using new and more convienient ways
- Convenience and price couple to form key decision criteria for many customers